That in a project to create an up to date map, there are people involved who get upset over things changing is, indeed, weird.

DaveF

On 19/10/2020 13:58, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging wrote:
Yes, latest update date can be a hint
but treating it is as an argument to avoid
making an edit is really weird to me.

19 paź 2020, 14:51 od tagging@openstreetmap.org:

    I'm in no way supporting the proposal, but this argument of 'it'll
    make the entities look fully up to date" is illogical. If taken to
    it's conclusion, nothing will ever be update again.

    It's false to think that just because an entity was amended
    yesterday, it means it's up to date:
    If a typo in a road's name is amended, but the road is left
    incorrectly tagged as 'tertiary' instead of 'primary' it's not up
    to date.

    Likewise an entity previously amended 10 years ago doesn't mean
    it's inaccurate.

    DaveF