On 21/10/2020 09.34, Tobias Zwick wrote:
You seem to defend that OSM should be used as a tool to change
language, for politically motivated reasons in this case.

Indeed; we should not forget that the ultimate motivation here is *very much* political. (Note: as I stated elsewhere, that may not be the OP's motivation, but that of the forces manipulating the OP.)

OTOH, there is unfortunately a political aspect to *not* making the change... because the group that wants a change can't tolerate the status quo.

In my book, furthering political or social ideologies does not even fall remotely under the mission of OSM. I dearly hope it stays this way.

Likewise.

--
Matthew