On 31.10.20 14:40, Sven Geggus wrote:

We are already using plural when tagging caravans=yes/no and tents=yes/no.

Thus I would not suggents to tag this singular in case of capacity.

Looking at the current state of tagging in taginfo we have:

capacity:caravans 65
capacity:caravan 4
capacity:tents 241
capacity:tent 0

Thus I do not see a real argument for using singular here.

To complete this list:
capacity:motorhome  32
capacity:motorhomes 0

The thing about caravan and caravans is a mess. Both keys actually exist...
- 'caravan' refers to the vehicle in form of a trailer and whether it is allowed to access some highway / area - 'caravans' refers to either trailers or full motorhomes and only applies to camp_sites.

So, capacity:caravan should be used on parking lots that have spaces for cars with trailers, while capacity:caravans should be used on camp_sites that accomodate either caravan trailers or motorhomes, but there is no distinction possible between both kinds of vehicles.

As a result this is a fully valid tagging:

amenity = camp_site
caravan = no
capacity:caravans = 10

That would be a camp site you can enter with a motorhome, but not with a trailer.