I was having similar thoughts just a couple of days ago, about what to call
a pile of rocks that a farmer has cleared from, then piled up in, a field?

natural=bare_rock says it's exposed bedrock
=scree has fallen from an adjacent rockface
=shingle is on a beach or river bed
=stone is for large boulders
=rock is " a notable rock feature or small group of rocks, attached to the
underlying bedrock"
none of which really fit?

I did see man_made=cairn as "a mound of stones, usually conical or
pyramidal, raised as a landmark or to designate a point of importance in
surveying", which also isn't really right, because this isn't for any use
apart from getting all the rocks in one place.

Thanks

Graeme