>Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 12:08:25 -0500
>From: "Brian M. Sperlongano" <zelonew...@gmail.com>
>To: "Tag discussion, strategy and related tools"
>   <tagging@openstreetmap.org>
>Subject: Re: [Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Hazards

>Niels, thanks for the list.

>I was able to find examples and existing tagging for most of the values you
>noted as missing, and I've updated the proposal to add them.  I did already
>have a value listed dangerous intersection (hazard=dangerous_junction, 400
>usages).

>The one you listed that is not clear is the one that you describe as
>"dangerous road edge".  The linked sign looks more like a "soft verge" or
>"soft shoulder" sign, and there are no existing tag values that I can find
>for this type of hazard.  There is a small number of usages of
>hazard=uneven_road, however that sign usually looks something like this:
>https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Traffic_sign#/media/File:1.16_Russian_road_sign.svg

>There is also a small usage of hazard=cliff, which has particularly fun
>signs, notably:
>https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ireland_road_sign_W_160.svg

I thought that was for a harbour, or jetty with no guard rail (rather than a
cliff).
>https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Don%27t_fall_off_the_Cliff!_(16841837743).jpg

I am not sure whether that is to warn a person (at the top of the cliff) that
they might fall down, or to warn a person on a road or footpath (at the bottom
of the cliff) that a person might land on top of them!
Peter