On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 at 10:57, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging@openstreetmap.org> wrote:

So my questions are: what is the UK (or English in general) word for
> location with group
> of holiday cottages?

I can't think of an English term, other than "holiday cottages."  These
places
generally call themselves "Foo Holiday Cottages" or "Foo Holidays" or
"Foo Farm Cottages" or things like that.

> Especially group of them in a fenced area, with shared amenities

There isn't anything I can think of, other than holiday cottages (plural).

such as restaurant/cafeteria,

Far too grandiose.  For starters, the whole idea of holiday cottages is
that they are self-catering.  A restaurant or cafeteria is something
you'd find at a resort.  Occasionally I've seen a farm conversion
which has a B&B and a couple of holiday cottages where the
B&B could provide meals by special arrangement, but that's
rare.

> firepit,

Firepit, barbeque, swimming pool, fishing pond are all things I've
seen with a group of holiday cottages.

> maybe sauna or lake access.

I've not seen a sauna.  A couple of hot tubs (we don't have a good
official way to tag them as the wiki recommendation of Jacuzzi is
a registered trademark).  I'd say a sauna is highly unusual for
holiday cottages in the UK, but might be common in Nordic
countries.

> But without extensive entertainment infrastructure that would qualify for
> leisure=resort.

Also without the restaurant/cafe you suggested.

> Would it be a good idea to revert this two edits and fully restore
> recommendation
> to use tourism=chalet for group of chalets?

I would say it's a bad idea for tourism=chalet to apply to both
individual holiday cottages and to groupings.  It makes it harder
to figure out how many there are.  A building tagged with it might
be an individual holiday cottage but I've seen a long barn converted
to three holiday cottages.  A number of buildings within an outline
might all be holiday cottages or a couple of holiday cottages and a
couple of farm buildings.

Or maybe we need a new tag?

I think we need a new tag.  Either a boundary or a relation.

Note also that there may be hybrids.  Just as we've come to the
realization that caravan parks may allow some tents and camping
grounds may allow some caravans, some farms offer holiday cottages
and camping.  It gets messy.

--
Paul