On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 08:29:52AM -0800, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:

> Also, currently waterfalls (which can be considered very large and steep
> rapids!) are tagged waterway=waterfall on a node. Other waterway barriers
> are also tagged this way, e.g. waterway=dam and waterway=weir. Tagging
> waterway=rapids on a node allows rapids to be tagged like other waterway
> barriers to travel and similar to waterfalls.

Noone, AIUI, is suggesting otherwise. But in some cases, there may be a
case for adding hazard=yes.

Other issue with the current wiki entry is that hazard=yes is
discouraged (banned?), in which case we get an awkward duplication like
hazard=rapids. Maybe in such a case, one could be more specific
like hazard=drowning, hazard=rocks, or whatever.

Weirs are another case where some are much more dangerous than others,
and some may warrant a hazard tag as well. Again a case where
hazard=yes would be appropriate.

ael