On Sat, 19 Dec 2020, 15:49 Brian M. Sperlongano, <zelonew...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I understand pitch to mean "a playing field" (as "pitch" is not often used
> in US English -- we would say "soccer field" for example.).  I don't know
> if a shooting range is a pitch or not, but it definitely isn't a playing
> field.

The wiki recommends leisure=pitch for archery which also seems ill advised.
If anything it might be considered a danger zone of some  kind.

I think we could do with a tag for these sorts of areas. It would probably
be best if it depreciated leisure=pitch for the areas where you would
expect a javelin, discus, "hammer" or shot put to land too. It may also be
an appropriate supplementary tag for driving ranges.