sent from a phone

> On 21. Dec 2020, at 00:49, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I would hate for somebody to be potentially arrested on spying / espionage
> charges for doing what we suggested :-(

imagine you were mapping something, and it is legal in the place where you are,
but illegal in Britain, so you can not do it. Or you are seeing things in
country A and when you’re in country B you add them to OpenStreetMap (from
memory), which is legal in country B but not in country A. You might be able to
do it and still be arrested when going back to country A.

People also said in the past we should adhere to European law because otherwise
our dataset can not be used in the EU (e.g. with respect to copyright and fair
use). I am not sure if after the Brexit this will still be the
OpenStreetMap-Foundation policy, or whether they focus completely on British
law, but I am sure that Chinese law has not been deemed relevant by past and
present osmf boards.

Cheers Martin