Am 24.09.2022 um 19:19 schrieb Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging:
How can I do "There you can select to get emails"?

Is it about
"Email me when I am quoted, replied to, my @username is mentioned,
or when there is new activity in my watched categories, tags or topics"
option in account settings?
Because that seems more spammy than tagging mailing list.

Well, Discourse primarily informs you in the "activity bar" (behind your
profile icon on the top right).
If you follow a topic/category/tag, then each new post will also appear
there in the overview.
What you can enable now is that these "push notifications" will be sent
to you directly via mail.
In fact, this is not much spammier than the default.

What worse, I cannot assign a separate email account from
email assigned to my OSM account
(I have a separate account just for mailing lists due to volume)

I see there "Email can be updated from authentication provider."
without option to set a different one for Discourse notifications.
This would be something that would have to be passed on to the
appropriate places or you would just have to set up forwarding
rules..... I think that is already a special request.