sent from a phone

On 9 Oct 2022, at 08:50, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'll be voting no.

me too, it is trying to deprecate a handful of tags I am using for fountain classification. Why do people have to “deprecate” other people’s tags when they introduce new ones with different semantics?

How can a “water outlet” tag replace a tag that represents the whole fountain?

I also don’t like unnecessarily convoluted tags of this kind:

  * water_supply:for

<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:water_supply:for&action=edit&redlink=1>=bottles

<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:water_supply:for%3Dbottles&action=edit&redlink=1>

and usually a water outlet is not “for bottles” but compatible with filling bottles.

Some water outlets are designed for filling water bottles, just as some are designed for drinking from, showering...

I wonder why showers are not yet a fountain= thing.. someone has not thought of it yet?

Other possible fountain values? trough? If it has water .. must be a fountain looks to be the mantra.