Hello,

I find that advices about multiple values have inaccuracies
between several pages :

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Any_tags_you_like#Syntactic_conventions_for_new_values
Properties can have a large number of possible values
my reading : key=yes/no value aren't a propertie, it's the value for another key (for ex asia=yes/no is not a good idea, it's a value for cuisine=asia

and
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Good_practice#Don't_over-use_semi-colon_separated_values
poorly supported by data consumers for top-level tags
my reading : I agree for top-level tag and I would even tend to say
that I don't know of any tool that manages multiple values in a top-level tag

and
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Semi-colon_value_separator
On important "top-level" tags that define what an element is avoid ; separated values *whenever possible* Don't use them in your mapping, and don't propose them on the wiki if there are better ways of representing things my reading : when it'sn't possible ? what's a better ways that doesn't conflict with the previous rule "Properties can have a large number of possible values" = key=yes/no value aren't a propertie, it's the value for another key

*suggestion*: bring the content of the 3 pages together to have
a coherent argumentation which seems to me to be :

1) never use multiple values in a main key, no tool manages it and it is not a good idea to describe an object with multiple "features

2) Properties can have a large number of possible values
key with only =yes/no value aren't a propertie, it's the value
for another key

3) refine *if there are better ways of representing things"
and this brings us back to the somewhat conflicting subject
of informing what doesn't exist, e.g. this restaurant doesn't
do such and such a type of cooking when you would expect it to, etc
Shouldn't a special character be defined to indicate a negation ?
For example, if we were to use the word cuisine=-asia, it would
be more consistent than hearing regularly that we should create
a cuisine:asia=no

Regards,
Marc