sent from a phone

On 15 Oct 2022, at 10:08, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:

The flow of water is downwards making them difficult to drink from without an
aid e.g. a cup.

while it may be true, you have to acknowledge that there are many places in the
world that are providing drinking fountains for a long time, sometimes for a
very long time, and many of them have downward flow, so this should not be a
criterion.

For some examples have a look at the drinking water article in wp.

I acknowledge the supply of 'drinking water' ... but not a 'drinking fountain' /'bubbler'.

I would not ascribe the word 'fountain' to it in OSM. I do note that the word 'fountain' has many meanings .. some ~7 in my dictionary.