Oct 20, 2022, 21:52 by ajt1...@gmail.com:

> On 20/10/2022 20:36, Illia Marchenko      wrote:
>
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/man_made%3Devaporation_tower
>>
>> чт, 20 окт. 2022 г., 22:25          Illia Marchenko <>>
>> illiamarchenk...@gmail.com>> >:
>>
>>> Please give link :-)
>>>
>>> чт, 20 окт. 2022 г., 20:57              Kamil Kulawik <>>>

> Hang on - you're asking people to vote for a thing that doesn't      appear
> in the OSM database > at all> ?  No-one - not even you      - could be
> bothered with actually mapping one of these things      using this tag before
> asking people to "vote" on it?
>

> There has been recent criticism* that the way that some people      are using
> the "proposal process" is wasting everyone's time.  I'm      sure that you're
> doing this with the best of intentions, but this      seems to be another
> example of it.

Note that proposal includes examples of specific OSM objects that are planned to
be tagged with this new tag.

Proposal was started because someone wanted to tag this kind of objects and was
unsure which one would be used.

See
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/man_made%3Devaporation_tower#Rationale

For example https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/1080478588/history was
mapped by proposal author

I can retag this objects if anyone feels that it improves proposal.

> Hang on - you're asking people to vote for a thing that doesn't      appear
> in the OSM database at all?

I recommend reading proposal before sharply criticizing it.