Le 22.10.22 à 00:15, wolfy1339 via Tagging a écrit :
The `amenity=post_box` tag seems to be only for outgoing mail only, while this handles both incoming, and outgoing mail in one feature, while the  `amenity=letter_box` is for incoming mail only.

How would you recommend this be tagged, as it seems there isn't a clear consensus between international users?

it's at least a amenity=letter_box, ok
it's also a real amenity=post_box ? as a tourist, I can find this box
on the postal operator's website and put my letter there?
or is it just a habit that people also put the outbound there ?

Should they be re-tagged as letter boxes?
    - How would it be tagged that this is a community mailbox, that it isn't a private mailbox for just one address

for me, that doesn't matter. it's a amenity=letter_box
if you have information on the number of people or the geographical area, I have no objection to this being specified as an post_box=*
(and unfortunately the most common way is to add the meaningless
:type suffix)

Regards,
Marc