Philipp Spitzer <phil...@spitzer.priv.at> wrote:

> I like to propose
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Sled (which is
> actually a quite old proposal) which tries to overcome the shortcomings
> of piste:type=sled (without replacing it).
>
> I would be happy if you could provide thoughts/comments in the
> corresponding wiki page (preferred) or here.

This seems to be somewhat similar to the recent discussion about using
site-relations for camp-sites.

Some people think that what I do in OpenCampingMap currently (using site
relations) is an abuse of the "One feature, one OSM element" principle.

(https://blog.geggus.net/2021/09/announcing-support-for-site-relations-in-opencampingmap/)

Thus inventing another relation type for such loose bindings of distinct
geographical features would make more sense than using a site relation.

Let us call this relation, type=feature for now.

A native english speaker will probably come up with a better name.

The tagging would then be (In my case):
type=feature
feature=tourism:camp_site

and in your case:
type=feature
feature=piste:type:sled

The **feature** tag should then make clear that **only one element** tagged
tourism=camp_site or piste:type=sled is valid in such a relation.

This would then mark where all the distinct objects belong to.

Would this be a viable path?

Regards

Sven

--
Das Internet wird vor allem von Leuten genutzt, die sich Pornografie
ansehen, während sie Bier trinken, es ist daher für Wahlen nicht