Am Mo., 2. Jan. 2023 um 18:17 Uhr schrieb Nate Wessel <n...@natewessel.com>:

    Howdy y'all,

    I am proposing to make official a tag that is already in use to
    some degree, *shop=yarn*, for shops that primarily sell yarn and
    other knitting/crochet supplies. Currently the wiki has these
    falling under shop=sewing. As a long-time sewer who has recently
    taken up knitting, I can say with confidence that these are very
    different things; though sometimes larger stores will sell both.

    https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/yarn_shops

    Please discuss this proposal on its Wiki Talk page.

is it different from shop=haberdashery?
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Ashop%3Dhaberdashery

Very different.

Haberdashery'; is some times called 'notions'., buttons, zippers, buckles..

yarn: Knitting is making clothing/bedding from yarn.. so along with yarn you get knitting needles, knitting machines..

sewing; needles, thread, sewing machines ...

fabric: cloth used to make clothing, curtains, cover furniture ..

I regard these as different products... some stores do stock more than one of the above, some only have one and others do mostly one but have a little of another.

The problem of tagging the shop that sells more than one category has to be dealt with. A baker that also sells fruit and vegetables for instance?