Hi,

On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 09:25:32PM +0100, Volker Schmidt wrote:
> I see that I was not precise with my question: I am after a way to tag the
> overall diameter of the round surface composed of the mini-roundabout road
> surface plus the traversable central part. This is an important measure for
> trucks. I happen to live near one of these with an outer diameter of 12 m,
> and that attracts regularly articulated lorries like the cheese attracts
> flies. This triggered the question.

There has been a pretty lenghty discussion in the German forum just a
couple days back which i started.

I started a discussion about mini_roundabouts here too a couple years
back.

I still find the concept of tagging a "mini roundabout" _broken by
design_.

The main difference we have in usage is - A mini roundabout will never
cause any announcements like "3rd exit" it will be "turn left". This
will be pretty confusing for anything larger that a small residential
street.

And i think the misconception is still what a mini roundabout is.
A mini roundabout is not a mini roundabout because its center is
traverseable. Its a matter of fixing a priority problem in busy
junctions.

So in case you have 12m diameter and a traversable center i would not
say thats a mini_roundabout.

And while at it - We should introduce a tag "traversable=yes" or
something on the junction=roundabout way.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                     f...@zz.de