Hello

Le ven. 10 févr. 2023 à 19:29, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging@openstreetmap.org> a écrit :

> Or to be more specific solved problems, if any, are much smaller than size
> of change of longstanding tagging practices.

To me, it's a return of experience matter and a debate we should provide
with facts.
OSM has been created to question longstanding practices, how the same can
be raised to prevent its own evolution nowadays?

Many attempts to change longstanding practices in the past had unleashed
contribution and bring more visibility on covered topics.
I made a presentation at SOTM France last year about what benefits tagging
development brings to OSM.
Studying chronology tabs on taginfo learn us a lot about how the community
reacts with such changing, despite changes may be slow or significant.

The methodology and efforts deployed to achieve the rollout of new tagging
should be adapted in regard of amounts of features to retag, yes (and we
will never be perfect from that perspective).
By the way, I saw some changes leading to x10 contribution rates and be
criticized as disrupting longstanding practices or established tagging.
Establishment nor longstanding practices shoudn't be valid reasons on their
own to justify decision making about tagging.

How about considering tagging as an independent valuable thing we should
take care of as well?

Best regards

François