In your examples you are mixing functional and physical tags.

At first, we actually deprecate landuse=grass so that is -1 tag for grass.

"Even if you succeed in replacing over 5 million uses of landuse=grass with
landcover=grass there will still be areas of landuse=meadow and
natural=grassland which are not precisely defined". Refining those tags is
outside of the scope of this proposal. Fact is that the physical landcover is
grass. That is why landcover=grass is implied on these tags.

Tags like leisure=recreation_ground and landuse=greenfield are functional tags.
They describe a function. A recreation ground can consist of multiple
landcover. Therefore, leisure=recreation_ground does not imply landcover=grass
but it can contain landcover=grass but also other physical coverages.

leisure=pitch, as described, on the proposal should be tagged with
surface=grass. That implies landcover=grass but the surface tag it self is a
property of something (e.g. a pitch or highway), not a main feature it self.

Kind regards,

Vincent

16 feb. 2023 05:00 van joseph_eisenberg_at_gmail_com_mb...@simplelogin.co: