On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 18:50:21 -0500, Kevin Broderick <k...@kevinbroderick.com>
wrote:
> It makes sense to me if the feature is clearly intended to be a
> BBQ/grilling one, but the grill is missing. One such example that comes to
> mind is a state park with picnic tables and grill boxes where 1/3 of the
> latter are missing the grills.

I think in such vandalized case it would be better tagged as
disused:amenity=bbq or abandoned:amenity=bbq

(in much the same way as amenity=drinking_water which has been
broken/vandalized and no longer provides drinking water would be
disused:amenity=drinking_water instead of
amenity=drinking_water + drinking_water=no)

--
Opinions above are GNU-copylefted.