We now have national level efforts to map charging stations.

In the USA there's a central database that has the name, owner and charge
cord list for almost every station in the country.
Unfortunately it does not have the *precise *position of the charger,
usually just a street level address.

Charging stations come and go all the time.  Synchronizing with a database
would make the OSM version more useful.
(like the very old https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmsync )