On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 08:00:53 +0100 (CET)
Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <tagging@openstreetmap.org> wrote:

>advertising=display_window works much better than shop=display_only
>(as it is not a shop)

Yes, if it is a vacant shop.

>though maybe there is value with more immediately clear meaning?

The wiki for Tesla says that Tesla showrooms are tagged shop=car
A lot of shop=kitchen are really showrooms where you can order a
kitchen which will be installed in you kitchen. The shop do not actually
have kitchens for sale in the store.

There are more that 100 "showroom" tags in OSM.
Maybe we could use showroom=only for shops that are only showrooms.