On 2023-10-16 16:56, reinh...@reinhart1010.id wrote:
Good day, I would like to introduce a proposal that affects the
payment tagging scheme for acceptance of digital wallet applications.
The proposal can be viewed on:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposal:Digital_wallet_payments_V2

Good day!

After receiving some useful feedback, I decided to temporarily close
the RFC period to revise the current proposal. There are some
significant changes that are planned to be made, including:

1. Prefer multiple tagging keys to avoid multiple values, which is
   still considered as bad practice in OpenStreetMap.

2. Favoring the distinction between payment instrument (e.g. credit
   card), service (e.g. Google Pay), and method (e.g. Web Payments API).
   However, the solution introduced in the future version of this
   proposal could also apply to other forms of payment, such as
   distinguishing payment:visa with payment:visa_debit and payment:
   visa_electron. It is possible for the proposal to be "upgraded" to
   become simply "Payments V2", but I will let this decision to come
   from the next RFC period.

3. Providing a compromise on handling conflicting trademarks, to allow
   contributors to add a vast number of local/regional digital wallet
trademarks into OpenStreetMap tags, and to keep compatibility with the
   existing payment scheme.

MediaWiki (the software behind the current OpenStreetMap wiki) allows us
to generate a permanent, archived link. Hence, the original version of
this proposal will still be available on:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?oldid=2605153

As the author of this proposal, I would like to thank the community for
sharing useful insights on how the proposal could be suitable for mapping
projects according to different electronic payment cultures.