Strange that the tags aren't on the actual bridge, though.

I'm sure there are trees with other things than rags, I think I've seen pacifiers, which might be a votive offering be to help with fertility.
However, I wouldn't mind having a general tag like place_of_worship=sacred_tree and then subcategories using sacred_tree as a key. tourism=attraction can of course be added in addition.

Anne
--
Sent from my Android phone with WEB.DE Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
On 05/03/2024, 10:59 Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 4/3/24 07:48, Anne-Karoline Distel via Tagging wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> does anyone have any opinions about how to map what is called clootie/
> cloughtie/ cloutie trees in Scotland and rag trees or raggedy bushes
> in Ireland?

There are things like 'Fairy Bridge on the Isle of Man ' mapped as a
tourist attraction https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/10169482883

Some trees are hung with various things too ...