Hi Martin,

The similarly short "works=" has been suggested, also as an existing tag,
with ~1000 uses that are quite similar to the intended one.

I've seen "industry=" proposed/discussed before, with the big problem that
it's very close to the existing "industrial" tag, and it would likely be
too confusing if they had different meanings (one for land use, one for
individual facilities). I'd wonder how many existing "industry=" tags are
mis-tags of "industrial=".

I would personally question the value of describing "landuse=industrial" in
detail with "industrial=" if individual facilities start being well-tagged,
but:
a) That's picking a fight with a very widely used tag!
b) Assumes that mapping of facilities starts improving. Even the
completeness of coverage with "landuse=industrial" tags isn't excellent.

Cheers,
Daniel