Henri Yandell wrote:
On 5/21/07, Karl von Randow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Henri Yandell wrote:

> Four 'volunteers' so far:
>
> Martin, Rahul, Kris, myself.

me too

Oops - mental slip. I meant Karl rather than Kris.

Kris, you up for any of this?

Absolutely. I think someone else mentioned looking at Unstandard for opportunities to provide EL functions instead of just tags. I've got a handful of functions that I've been carting around to the various projects I've been working on and I think they're generic enough to be useful. Oh, I'm also up for just focusing on JSP 2.0 - I think Unstandard is currently focused on JSP 1.2 (it does its own EL eval). One other thing - someone else had talked about compiling against various JDK version, but we have a commitment to meet the requirements of whatever spec version we're targeting. For example, I think JSP 2.0 still supports JDK 1.3.1, so, IMHO, that's what we need to compile against and distribute...at a minimum. Not very sexy, but there it is. Of course, there's nothing stopping us from providing alternate version compiled against 1.4.2, 1.5.0, etc. Although, that's one of the reasons to provide source code...

Hen

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>