On 1/9/08, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My fault on the dupe - I've been shoving user and dev into the same
> folder for years, so tend not to notice which list I'm on.
>
> I've started with String taglib - best to scratch the itch you have
> etc. First easy steps are done, next steps are the taglibs specific
> bits.
>
> Namely:
>
> * Generating the TLD (and putting in the jar as taglib.tld).
> * Building an example war.
> * Building a doc war.

<snip/>

My initial impression at recreating the current release artifacts
using m2 (whether we should stick to the current style of release
artifacts TBD, but current packaging has worked for us so far) has
been that each taglib will have a multi-module build, one that has a
jar packaging (for taglibs-foo.jar) and two that will have war
packaging (foo-examples.war and foo-doc.war). Probably need some
antrun execution for the TLDs, possibly for parts of the doc jar
(especially for RDC, which uses tag files and custom stylesheets to
generate TLD reference docs).

The above plan will require quite a reshuffle in the svn layout (hence
I opted for a branch).

> The Ant system has the ability to output different versions of the
> specification - I think we'll probably be losing that given that we
> have to specify which servlet jar we're using. So I'm not sure if
> 'Generating the TLD' is worthwhile, or if we should just change the
> xml file into an actual tld file. I guess it depends if we lose any
> data.

<snap/>

Yup, see antrun bit above. About different specifications, it may be
possible to do that using m2 profiles.

> I'm not sure if the wars will be easy or hard - haven't done that in
> m2, and it tends to be single-artifact focused. Need to investigate.
> The example war is presumably easy - need to figure out how to build
> it. The doc war involves generating the documentation. Need to see
> what is out there plugin wise.

<snip/>

Producing wars isn't hard (once you have all the contents). There is
atleast one taglib plugin [1], though I haven't used it.

-Rahul

[1] http://maven-taglib.sourceforge.net/m2/

> Hen

<snap/>