On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why a module for producing the distro?

<snip/>

Its a common pattern when you want to create distros that span/collect
artifacts from multiple modules. I think that will be least m2
fighting, and once its there lets stare at it and see if there are
better ideas.

> +1 on the examples/sample apps - fun part is how to try and overlap
> that with Cactus. It should be deploying the examples as our test
> layer.

<snap/>

Yes, once I have the war building (the pattern should be usable across
taglibs), we can try our hand at tying in Cactus.

> One possible idea is to have taglibs-example.pom extending
> taglibs-parent.pom then rdc-example.pom extending taglibs-example.pom
> that depends on rdc.jar. ie) we have examples as a group of things
> rather than examples inside each taglib.

<snip/>

Yes, that makes good sense. For example, Shale has a parent pom and an
apps parent pom (I suspect Struts has similar, haven't looked
recently). We can have a taglibs-examples parent that each of the war
modules inherit from (and it in turn inherits from taglibs-parent). We
can then define the Cactus and other common bits in there.

-Rahul