Victor,
You are correct xerces ~= JAXP. Try rebuild and set manually. I do not have a
clue. I am using Tomcat, and do not have the problem with a request taglib, but
I built it myself. Check a location of request-examples.war'. It is important.
For example, for Tomcat it is .../tomcat/webapps/request-examples.war. Remove
old directory request-examples. Restart your server.
Maya
P.S. JAXP - SunMicrosystem package (~ http://java.sun.com/products/xml)