Title: a question regarding xsl tag.ApplyTag
Yup, I got the same. You're probably using Xalan 2. I already figured out that the xsl taglib doesn't work with version 2. For that matter, it doesn't seem to work with 1.2.2 as well...
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 4:17 AM
Subject: a question regarding xsl tag.ApplyTag

I am trying to run the xsl taglib example on the web logic 5.1 sp 8.
I have downloaded the source distribution, compiled it, and set up everything, and I am trying to run the example, the Apply.jsp one.

But when I run Apply.jsp file, I experiance a problem, namely I get the following error:

SystemId Unknown; Line 0; Column 0; SystemId Unknown; Line 0; Column 0; Mon Feb 26 21:48:05 EST 2001:<E> <WebAppServletContext-web> Root cause of ServletException

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: org.xml.sax.SAXException: SAX Exception
        at org.apache.taglibs.xsl.ApplyTag.doEndTag(ApplyTag.java:274)
        at jsps._jsps._apply._jspService(_apply.java, Compiled Code)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:106)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImpl.java:907)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImpl.java:851)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContextManager.java:252)
        at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:364)
        at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:252)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java, Compiled Code)

In the ApplyTag.java file, in the function doEndTag, this is the code that is producing the error:
    try {
        processor = XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor();
        processor.process(data, style, result);
    } catch (SAXException e) {
        throw new JspException(e.toString());
    }

I do not know if you guys can help me in solving this error, but if someone experianced a similar problem, or if anyone has any ideas about how to tackle the problem, I would greatly appreciat it.

Sincerely
Damjan

PS the xsl and xml are the one from the example (employeeList.xsl and employee.xml)

PPS I have just subscribed to the group, so please excuse me if this has already been 'discussed'. I also tried to search the archive, but to no avail.