Hi Morgan,

The memo type is very useful to store the large text. I used to use the
getString(...) method of the Statement class to read memo fields while using
the jdbc-odbc bridge and MS Access.

I found in the source that the GetColumnTag class uses JDBC 2.0's Clob class
. In JDK1.3 and beofore, the jdbc-odbc bridge is only JDBC 1.1. In JDK1.4
the bridge will be JDBC 2.0 that could support Clob. Until the finaly
release of JDK1.4 in Q4 of this year, it seems that we cannot use DBTags
with jdbc-odbc.

Is it right?

Cheers!

Yiyi