Hi,

I just downloaded and configured the scrape tag lib. I,

- extracted scrape-20010523.tar and put the scrape/ in the webapps/
directory.
- made sure the 2 jar files (scrape.jar & jakarta-oro-2.0.jar) are in
webapps/scrape/WEB-INFO/lib/
- made sure the descriptor file (scrape.tld) is in
webapps/scrape/WEB-INFO/
- added the following in file webapps/scrape/WEB-INFO/web.xml
    <taglib>
        <taglib-uri>scrape.jar</taglib-uri>
        <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/scrape.tld</taglib-location>
    </taglib>

- restarted tomcat (3.2)
- I include j2sdk1_3_0/bin in my $PATH

But when I open http://hostname/scrape/scrape.jsp, I don't see the
scraped content but only the following, WHY?? Did I miss anything?

Thanks in advance. -yc

===========================
<HTML>

     <HEAD>
          <TITLE>Example JSP using scrape taglib</TITLE>
     </HEAD>
     <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">

        <H3 align="center">Weather Quote</H3><BR><BR>
      <P><B>Example #1</B><BR>
            The example below scrapes the page for the
          <A
href="http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/fmtbltn.pl?file=forecasts/city/mo/columbia.txt";>Columbia,

          Missouri weather forecast</A> from the <A
href="http://weather.noaa.gov/";>National Weather Service</A> site. In
this scrape, the
and <b>end</b> anchor attributes
          were set to the &lt;PRE> and &lt;/PRE> tags that surround the
forecast.
      </P>

      <HR>
      <P><B>Example #2</B><BR>
            This example scrapes the same page as the first example and
uses the same anchors,
          but in this case the <b>anchors</b> attribute was set to false
so that the anchors are stripped from
          the scrape result. Browsers typically treat text within
&lt;PRE> tags with a monospaced font
          and line breaks in the HTML are retained. Since the &lt;PRE>
and &lt;/PRE> tags are the anchors and they
          are removed from the scrape result, the formatting is
noticeably different.
      </P>

      <HR>
      <P><B>Example #3</B><BR>
            This example scrapes the same page as the first two examples
and uses the same anchors,
          but in this case the <b>anchors</b> attribute was set to false
and the <b>strip</b> attribute was set to true so that the anchors and
HTML tags are stripped from the scrape result.
      </P>

     </BODY>
</HTML>

--
Yu Chen (yuchen)                Sun Microsystems, Inc.
ES Intranet Group/ESAD/ESTO     500 Eldorado Blvd.