On Mon, 3 Sep 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to install JSPTL 1.1 EA with Tomcat 4.0 b7, but it throws
> exception. I didn't tried it with b6 because download page says it's bad.
> Any ideas?
> Root Cause:
> java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.taglibs.jsptl.tei.DeclareTEI
>       at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.createTagInfo(TagLibraryInfoIm
> pl.java:392)

We've noticed no incompatibilities between the RI included with JSPTL 1.01
EA and Tomcat 4.0 b7.  Can you provide any further information about your
environment?  It looks as if the container doesn't believe that our
DeclareTEI is actually a TagExtraInfo.  This shouldn't, under normal
circumstances, ever be a problem, but a wild guess is that you have two
different versions of the Servlet API lying around and that the container
is finding different ones at different times.  (That's just a guess since
I can't replicate the problem.)

Shawn Bayern
JSPTL Reference-implementation Lead