From: James Strachan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 11:53 AM
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Subject: Re: XTAGS space amp; space problem

Hi Howard

Remember that in XML and HTML that & is a reserved symbol used to denote the
start of an entity so that it must be escaped as &amp;

So some XML containing a URL with a link with & would look like this

<link>http://server.com/someapp.jsp?id=27&amp;name=james</link>

If you edit your XML document to properly encode the & characters to &amp;
it'll probably work fine.

Just to be sure,. I've committed a new test case in
xtags/examples/web/test/test_amp.jsp that creates a href and displays a href
that includes an ampersand inside it and it appears to work fine.

James