Hi,
I've been using DBtags for a few months and it wasn't until today that I noticed this
error (if it is indeed an error).
If I'm not mistaken, the escapeSQL tag and the PreparedStatement tag escape a single
quote by adding an additional single quote in front of it. The problem is that, when I
retrieve the database entry, all the single quotes are doubled, and if I update the
entry and then retrieve it again, the single quotes are quadrupled. This is probably
due to the fact that there is no "unescaping" when retrieving database entries.
Is this something you've overlooked, or am I supposed to manually parse the retrieved
string to remove redundand single quotes?

Could you please provide me with an answer to this by email, since I don't check the
Jakarta pages regularly.

Looking forward to your answer,

philtre