>Once again, I'm happy to announce a new Early Access release of the JSP
>Standard Tag Library (JSTL).

I downloaded this release and installed it.  Tried out some of the
examples.  They worked.

Tried to write some of my own pages with this tag library.  Failed
every time.  Finally after a lot of comparison between my own setup
and that used in the standard-examples webapp, I discovered that the
JSTL distribution appears to be incomplete.  Specifically, the
standard-examples/WEB-INF/lib directory includes a js.jar file, which,
when I copied into my own WEB-INF/lib directory and restarted Tomcat,
caused my pages to start working.

I haven't seen this in the docs that I've read so far.  Is this:
- something I should just know
- an oversight in the docs or the distribution
- complete coincidence that installing js.jar fixed my pages :-)