On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Brady Moritz wrote:

> This jstl looks a bit interesting, was not really aware of it.  Will
> this do away with the Jakarta project or will they remain parallel
> projects?

JSTL is the JSP Standard Tag Library.  It's essentially a standard add-on
to JSP.  Its reference implementation is distributed through the Jakarta
Taglibs project.

For more information on JSTL, I've posted an article at Manning's web site
describing its role and future:

  http://www.manning.com

Best,

--