From: John Baker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 5:43 AM
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Subject: Re: Quickie question

On Friday 15 Mar 2002 10H:39 am, you wrote:
> Did you try:
>
> <%= request.getContextPath() %>
>
> According to the javadocs for HttpServletRequest, that should return what
> you're looking for.

Thank you. Quite why I didnt spot this before, I dont know. I'm sure I've
looked for this on a number of occasions! :)

I assume there isn't anything to build a complete url for the context, ie if

you're running tomcat on 8080, and you want to build a https:// url like

https://thehost:8080/ request.getContextPath() ?:)

John

--