From: Glenn Nielsen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 12:15 PM
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Subject: Re: OT: Seeking Opinions

Security!

This applies to java servlet container technology in general rather than
JSP pages.

Using a servlet container like Tomcat I can run it with the Java
SecurityManager
and configure the security policy so web applications run within a security
sandbox.  This makes it less likely that applications deployed will cause a
general security problem on the server.

Check out SANS, Security Focus, and CERT.  Look at how many exploits are
done via CGI Perl, PHP, etc.

Regards,

Glenn

Bogesdorfer, Dan wrote:

> I've been lurking for a few weeks and wanted to get some inputt from you
> guys/girls.  You can email me off list so as not to clog this list up if
> needed.  I'm looking for your reasons as to why your using this
environment
> (Jakarta tags..jsp) instead of using something like Microsoft's ASP, PHP,
> Cold Fusion and the list goes on.
>
> Thanks....
>
> Daniel Bogesdorfer
> Senior Programmer / Analyst