Hi all,
Could any one please tell me how can I use JSTL in my projects. I read that
JSTL is still in development phase. If I would like to use JSTL for
production development, can I do that? and also how to test JSTL tag
libraries? Plesae tell me the procedure. Do I need to download any jar
files from any site ? or are there any tutorials how to use JSTL?

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,
Suryanarayana Murthy A
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ph: 8291680 Ext:1137 / 1136
Dial-Comm: 8* 742-1114/1118

                    John Baker

                    <jbaker@teame        To:     Tag Libraries Users List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    nergy.com>           cc:

                                         Subject:     ${x}

                    20/03/2002

                    07:49 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "Tag

                    Libraries

                    Users List"

When ${x} is passed to a tag, does the tag figure out what it means or does

the variable get decoded and passed to the tag?

Ie in my previous example, where I combined a <c:forEach tag around my own,

and tried to pass the variable from <c:forEach to my own tag, is that
actually legal? Or did:

<prefix:myTag someAttribute="${var}"> just pass the String ${var} to my own

tag?

If so, I'm sadly beginning to conclude that there seems no easy method of
mixing JSTL and your own tags (that provide links into a 200,000 line
application 'under the hood'). It's very frustrating ;-)

John

--
John Baker, BSc CS.
Java Developer, TEAM/Slb. http://www.teamenergy.com