On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, John Hicks wrote:

> Everything works fine, that is, *unless* the form is posted from the
> Netscape 4.73 browser!! (It works fine coming from Konqueror and Opera
> 6.0 and Netscape 7 (all running under Linux) and from IE6.0 and Opera
> 6.01 running in Windows.
>
> But when the request comes from Netscape 4.73, I get a stack trace
> (which I'll post at the bottom of this message).

It sounds like a parameter isn't coming through on Netscape 4.73.  This is
a little perplexing, since to my knowledge, Netscape 4.73 behaves
similarly to other browsers with respect to how it submits empty form
fields.  To debug the problem, walk through all of the parameters you're
using in <sql:param> tags manually (e.g., using the same exprssions with
<c:out>) to determine which one is failing.  Then walk backwards to the
form itself and determine whether the problem lies with Netscape or
elsewhere.

--
Shawn Bayern
(coming in July 2002 from Manning Publications)