I'm trying to use foreach in the following way

<c:forEach var="genre" items="<%= utilBean.getGenres() %>">
  <jsp:useBean id="genre" type="String"/>
  <%= genre %>
</c:forEach>

getGenres() returns an array of Strings

The same logic works both above and below with other functions.  But
this one keeps telling me bean genre not found in scope.  Looking at the
java code that is created from the jsp it looks like it tests for a null
and generates that message, but if I simply replace the <jsp:useBean and
the next line with some sort of string to print it prints the correct
number of times, so I know it's getting the array.

Confused,
Julia

--
[  Julia Anne Case  ] [        Ships are safe inside the harbor,       ]
[Programmer at large] [      but is that what ships are really for.    ]