I have one more question regarding XSL and the JSLT.

I have two cases that appear logically to be the same
but the first works and the 2nd doesn't.

<c:import url="generic.xsl" var="xslt"/>
<x:transform  xslt="${xslt}">
        <tim:myXMLTag />
</x:transform>

<c:import url="generic.xsl" var="xslt"/>
<c:import url="getXML.jsp" var="xml"/>
<x:transform  xml=${xml} xslt="${xslt}"/>

Where getXML.jsp is a page that has a single line:
<tim:myXMLtag />

Yet the 2nd version says have bad content in my
prolog! And getXML.jsp does have some new lines before
the <?xml ...> tag. But the same new lines should
exist in the first example which doesn't care about
them (and works fine).

Any clues.

thanks,

tim