On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Ben Ramsey wrote:

> > In the meantime, you'll need either to use <c:import>
> > as a substitute for <jsp:include> or use an rtexprvalue
> > with <jsp:include>.
>
> Can <c:import> include pages dynamically, or must the pages be static.
> For example, I'm passing this querystring to the page so that the page
> can process it and deliver the proper data.  Can I do this with a
> <c:import> tag?

Yes, absolutely; it's for including any resource in your web application
with a relative URL, or any resource on the web with an absolute URL.

However, you should use nested <c:param> tags to pass query
parameters.  E.g.,

  <c:import url="foo.jsp">
    <c:param name="user" value="${user}" />
  </c:import>

<c:import> also lets you perform cross-context includes, which are beyond
the capabilities of <jsp:include>.

Shawn