Shawn Bayern wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, peter lin wrote:
>

>>in the interest of discussion. I find it useful to have cookie,
>>user-agent and other advanced capabilities in a web services context.
>>As web services becomes more common place, supporting those features
>>might become very important.
>>

>But is it important to support this from within JSP pages, instead of
>Java-based components?

True, but these days, even the simplest of HTTP requests often deal with
User-Agent to control presentation and cookie headers to preserve State.
I'm not saying I want a full HttpClient implementation in my taglib,
just a wee bit more access to the standard "URL/URLConnection"
properties. Such that I can pass on a cookie I may have.

Again, I'll send this discussion onto the expert group.

-Mark