Shawn Bayern wrote:
> On 15 Oct 2002, Felipe Schnack wrote:
>

>>i don't know, but in my opinion, we shouldn't call release() at every
>>doEndTag(), but we should clean, for instance, tag attributes and these
>>such things.
>

> To reiterate, you should not reset tag attribute values in doEndTag().
> doEndTag() should hardly ever perform cleanup at all, except to perform
> best-efforts cleanup of per-invocation resources under JSP 1.1.  (In JSP
> 1.2, doFinally() is better for clearing per-invocation state because it's
> guaranteed to run.)

For JSP 1.1 tags the best method would be to reset state at the beginning of
the doStart() and the doEndTag() method.  That way you release the resources
both coming in and going away.  At doStart() just to make sure the state is
reset.  And in doEndTag() to release resources so they are eligble for GC.

Regards,

Glenn