Thank you very much for your reply. It worked!

     MATSUHASHI,kazuaki
     QUICK Corp,
     Japan

                    Shawn Bayern

                    <bayern@essent        宛先:   Tag Libraries Users List

                    ially.net>            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                          cc:

                    2002/11/15            件名:   Re: skip <x:parse>, apply
<x:out> straight to a
                    00:04                 pre-build DOM instance

                    "Tag Libraries

                    Users List" へ

                    返信してくださ

                    い

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I also tried such coding :
>
>     <c:set var="MyDOM" value="${prebuild_DOM}"/>
>     <x:out select="${MyDOM}//*"/>
>
> then I was welcomed by a NullPointerException.

You can do it, but the syntax you're using is wrong.  The JSTL tags don't
care whether the DOM you're using has come from <x:parse> or from a
servlet.  But either way, you must refer to it using XPath variables, not
the JSTL EL inside the 'select' attribute.  Thus, you'd write

 <x:out select="$MyDOM//*" />

--
Shawn Bayern
"JSTL in Action"   http://www.manning.com/bayern