I want to do a test like this:
<c:if test="${parameter.type == <%= ParameterBean.TEXT%>}">
    <nested:text property="value" />
</c:if>

I am comparing a value against a constant in a class but I can't execute a
RT expression in a <c:if > when using the EL tags. How do I accomplish this
in EL?

Of course I can initialize pageContext variables with all the constants and
do EL comparisons using them. But is there another way to do this?

I have tried making <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue> in the TLD but it didn't
help.

Thanks a lot