> Additionally, it would provide an interesting research ground
> for the JSTL people and provide some way in which Users can
> really force home the fact that the <c:systemExit/> tag is essential.

You might laugh at this, but I've worked with high priced consultants from
well respected companies who always managed to do something like
System.exit(0); in a Servlet.  :-)  Or, better yet, the certified "web
developer" from a 3-letter acronym company (not IBM) who liked to write all
content to a temporary file before sending it back to the client.

> We set things up for it last week, the developer list has a
> chunk about it in the mail archives. Tim's put a bit of code
> in there and Glenn and I have setup the infrastructure for
> it, but I'm focusing on String 1.0.1 first at the moment.

Unstandard was Henri's idea.  So far it has been seen as a place to
accomplish two things: 1. Provide a mechanism to "implement" around some
issues in JSTL 1.0, 2. Provide a tag library in which people can explore the
possibilities for EL tags not available (method invocation, sorting, etc.).

We've got two tags so far, which provide *very* incremental additions to
JSTL 1.0, and they address features that EL lacks.  Specifically, the
ability to compare two strings ignoring case, and an "instanceOf" tag.

unstandard is very green and fully undocumented.  I'd give it a few weeks to
boil.

--------
Tim O'Brien